so here’s what’s happened so far:
1. i ate donuts from a bag.
2. toni and i took our car in to the shop to have the windshield washer fluid reservoir replaced and the oil changed.
3. jeremy finished tracking drums for “can you feel it”. (at least that’s what i think it will be called. who knows. things change. but for now, that is what we call it.)
4. we ate lunch at uncle dan’s. wow.
5. we went to take back the truck that shane had rented to bring all his gear down.
6. a man with very few teeth told shane that where he had been told to return the van, as printed on his budget rental agreement, was not the place to return the van.
7. shane discovered it was hard to be upset at a man with very few teeth. just because it’s hard to form regular angry thoughts while staring into unexpected absent spaces in someone’s mouth.
8. mark (shane’s assistant) went to his hotel room to edit drums on the first track.
9. painters came to the house and put another clear coat of varnish on the upstairs sleeping porch. (that has nothing to do with the recording but it is no less true.)
10. i hoped aloud that the man with limited denticles did not have internet.
11. jeremy started tracking “o for a thousand tongues to sing”.
12. i said a few things to the effect of: “holy crap!” and “oh my freaking yes!” attempting to indicate that the sound of the drums was large, very large in fact and what was being played pleased me greatly.
13. mark came back from his hotel room with edited drums.
14. i went in the house and drank a milkshake.
so that’s pretty much the day thus far. of course some of the previous may be out of order, like it is true that number 8 happened prior to number 5, 6, and 7. and also hogan was here for awhile getting files to work on violin parts. and there is also the part about mike d trying to fix my internet so the cameras are more stable and uploading properly. that part i left out. but the funniest part that i didn’t mention was when jeremy returned from lunch and locked his keys in his car while it was still running. i just felt it inappropriate to mention since it might denote more than typical absent mindedness on his part and that would just be wrong. except that he pointed out that this has happened on 3 other occasions recently, which would negate my previous modifier of his absence of mind.
we are now importing mark’s edited “can you feel it” drums.
commence to jiggling.