ok. i’m tired. seriously. please. no spiritually posturing speeches like “david the lord is your strength” and such. he is. yes. but he also made the human to need rest. the body needs sleep and to rest is spiritual. the whole man was created, it is the whole man that is redeemed and right now it is the whole man that needs some sleep. but nope. later. just get some visine in the eyse and we’re good. i have spent the weekend going through some of the songs with a very fine toothed comb (that is a very strange expression but it applies. i’ve just been trying to rid us of some entanglements. what a perfect expression). editing, moving stuff around. i’m getting more and more excited. however i had a late night setting two more songs up for bwack to track later today. “you are my joy” and “come awake”. i’m flipping out over them. late entries to the list and in bwack’s words, “man. that one might be the best one on the record. very theatrical. we will need capes to pull it off live.” i agreed readily because i’ve always wanted a cape. not the superhero brightly colored kind but the mysterious kind with red lining and a big collar. but that is later. tracking later. sleep later. now, we have a photo shoot. yes. and you get to see it. this rules. it is our third one to have. they are full of pain. i mean yes, we photograph superbly and love to put on make-up and stare into the distance thinking heavy thoughts until they weigh in our skin and eyes so that those who gaze upon the photo understand the following things:
1. these are very attractive individuals.
2. solley is an autumn
3. these guys were meant for the camera
4. i mean look at that guy with the heavy look in his skin and eyes
5. anyone who would gaze upon this photo would understand
6. that this is a very photogenic bunch
7. and i can hardly tell that they are wearing make-up
8. except for the one with the hair there
9. that is definitely a wig
10. or extensions
11. the guy from counting crows has extensions
12. they started doing music for cartoons and i just haven’t gotten into them as much anymore. i don’t know if the two things are related…them doing music for cartoons and the end of things turning in my soul when i hear one of their songs. do you remember august and everything after? sullivan street? man that song made me feel things. i walked down sullivan street and it all made sense. you could feel the chords in your footsteps. counting crows rule…..