1. grab your preferred digital media player.
2. push play in shuffle mode.
3. report here in the comments the first 10 tunes that pop up.
4. i’ll comment later with my list as well.
5. cheating is prohibited, as it would be in poor taste.
6. this will decide whether you are a likeable person or not.
7. at least that’s what my friend steve told me.
8. when he said this, the part about being a likeable person, i panicked.
9. but it turned out he was kidding.
10. sort of.
11. he did seem genuinely bothered by the two bee gees tunes though.
12. i mean, 2 out of 10!
13. that’s quite a lot of bee gees really.
14. but what i’m trying to say is don’t cheat.
15. you’re still a great person.
16. at least i think so.
17. well, maybe.
18. i mean, we don’t really know each other, so it’s sort of risky for me to say that, the you being a ‘great person’ thing.
19. i mean, you could be someone who pulls the wings off of fairies and such.
20. so, if you’ll just comment back listing the 10 songs, then i think we’ll know each other a little better, and can then perhaps make statements about one another definitively.
21. concrete things like, “oh, i see you like the bee gees.”
22. of course i’ll deny it and say, “no. i mean, yeah, i like that one song, but i wouldn’t say, ‘i like the bee gees.’ i wouldn’t go that far. no.”
23. then you’ll go, “i’m sorry, we can’t spend any more time together.”
ps. if you typically read at a safe distance without comment, i humbly request you make exception and allow this to be your introductory entry as i’ll need representation from the silent majority.